We came across this French manicure with a twist over the weekend and could not get it our of our heads!
It is the perfect way to add a little pop of neon to your outfit. It is a small does of neon, and perfect for those who want to try out the neon trend but are hesitant to do so.
( via here )
We also hunted around for a way for you to try this at home...behold, the easiest diy you will find !
All you need are holeguards and the neon nail polish shade of your choice!
What you need :
1. Hole guards- available at most stationary stores.
2. A french manicure kit / Base nailpolish
Sally Hansen and Revlon( Rs 475 approx) have great French manicure kits.
You can also just apply a base coat in a neutral shade of your choice.
3. Neon Nailpolish : Streetwear has some nice neon shades and is inexpensive enough for those who only want to try the trend out. Color bar is another reasonable option.
OPI and Mac have great colours as well
Lakme has a pretty range of bright pinks.
( via here)
( via here)
The Steps to your Neon Manicure:
1. Apply the base coat of the colour of your choice.
2. Place the hole guards such that they follow the natural curve of your nail. try making sure that the part which will be painted with the neon nail polish is even through out.
You can use the entire hole-guard or alternatively, cut in half to avoid wastage!
3. Paint the tips left in the neon shade of your choice.
4. Be patient ! Let it dry completely. ( very important to get a clean neon line)
5. Once the neon tips have dried completely, peel off the hole-guards.
Follow our sartorial adventures on : Facebook, Twitter and Bloglovin !